What is going to happen ?
- June 30th, 2018: all assets of FSI (including logo and brand) transferred to Finance Montréal (FM)
- After that: dissolution of FSI
- FSI will work with the current Responsible Investment Work Group of FM
- Renamed: “Finance and Sustainability Initiative of Finance Montréal” (FSI-FM)
- Integration approved by both boards of FSI and FM
Why FSI integrates FM ?
- Growing interest of members for FSI activities
- Conclusion of the strategic review: need to change the operating mode to continue delivering relevant content on a regular basis and meet the needs of the local financial community
- Research for solutions to sustain these activities
- FM mission: develop and promote Québec’s financial services industry
- Responsible Investment Work Group was in transformational phase
- FM has resources and experience to organize events and create relevant content
What does it change for our members ?
- FSI members will become “supporters” of FSI-FM
- No membership fee
- Current members will have free access to an event of FSI-FM next season
- For following events: reasonable pricing, similar to what was offered so far
What does it change for our sponsors ?
- Current agreements for the 2017/2018 season will be honored as last event (June 12th) will occur before the dissolution (June 30th)
- FM is open to enter into new agreements for upcoming seasons
Are the activities of FSI-FM going to change/evolve ?
Programming will follow historical activities:
- Competition for Best Sustainability Report
- Scholarship for Best Research on Responsible Investment
- Keynote Events
- Deep Dives
- Sustainable Investment Professional Certification
- ESG integration in FM case studies
- Steps to integrate the network of Financial Centres for Sustainability
How much resources will be allocated by FM ?
Estimated budget dedicated to FSI-FM for the next 2 years including:
- 2 resources 10h/week
- 1 ressource 10h/month
- Another resource part-time
- anticipated decrease in sponsorship amounts
- sum for education studies and projects
How FSI-FM will be managed and how it will operate ?
- Steering committee made of 10 members (5 nominated by FM and 5 nominated by FSI) responsible to carry out the mission of FSI-FM
- Will rely on FM resources
- Specific communication plan
- Senior FM spokesperson appointed to communicate key messages at events and to the media